T hirty is an import time in a man’s life. Often he is adjusting to life as fatherhood and career man. There are many goals to accomplish such goals as buying his dream home and building the life he always dreamed about. At this time, a man’s grooming needs also change as he transitions from young college graduates to full-blown adulthood.
For the thirty-something man, here are a few grooming essentials:
- Skincare. We all know that aging begins to show in your thirties and skin becoming less prone to oiliness. For this reason, you’ll need a cleanser with very little astringent to prevent your skin from drying out. A moisturizer with SPF 15 is important to protect your skin from harmful UV rays, as well as sunscreen every time you plan to be outdoors.
- Eye cream. Having a stable job allows us to work late at night. Working late at night allows to notice under-eye bags or darkness. Buying good eye creams can help reduce the sign of aging, as well as protect your eyes.
- Teeth whitening. I am guilty of drinking coffee, especial black Columbian coffee. We all know that drinking coffee or other dark beverages can stain your teeth. It is especially difficult to remove them with a regular brushing your teeth. Going to your local dentist office and you see plenty of dental whitening ads. Dental whitening is very effective when it comes to remove stains on your teeth. The question is “Can you afford dental whitening treatments?” If you can’t afford the real thing, over-the-counter whitening products are great for at home whitening. If you want your teeth to have thatcrystal white, then visiting your local dentistry is a must.
- Hair thickening. At this stage in your life, you may notice your hair is beginning to thin. It is possible that your hairline may even be receding. An easy tip to make hair look thicker is to wash it more often. Greasy, dirty hair tends to cling to the scalp more, making it look thinner. Don’t buy into the old wives’ tale that washing your hair makes you lose it more quickly. Beware of products that promise to thicken the hair, but if you’re really concerned about hair loss, visit a specialist and consider such treatments as hair implants.
- Shaving. Going to work with a piece of toilet tissue attached to your face is no longer excusable, especially when you are trying to be a modern gent. You are not that young and naïve college student that only shave once a week. Invest in a good electric razor and use it regularly.Be sure to keep the hair on the back of your neck in check, as well, shaving it in between hair appointments. Use shaving cream to avoid nicks and aftershave to refresh the skin. Since shaving exfoliates, it also helps protect against wrinkles.
Your thirties are an exciting time as you begin to better settle into whom you are and the life you’ve chosen. By protecting and moisturizing your skin, teeth, and hair, you can ensure you leave your thirties as healthy and youthful as you entered them.
Are you a 30-something? I would like to hear from you. What grooming essentials do you recommend?
♔ SGLforMen ♔